Practice Areas: Workers’ Compensation
Employers have a duty to provide as safe a working environment as possible to employees and when accidents happen to provide appropriate assistance. While workers' compensation laws seek to protect employees, HBS helps to shield our clients from abuses of the system, ensuring fair and just awards for employers and insurance companies.
About Our Practice
The attorneys in the Workers' Compensation Practice Group of Hall Booth Smith, P.C. represent insurance carriers, self-insured employers/servicing agents, and uninsured employers in all manner of workers' compensation cases. Our services run the gamut, including negotiating and drafting settlement agreements, providing aggressive representation at mediations and hearings, and providing representation for appeals.
We believe in remaining proactive by advising our clients of practical steps during both the employee hiring process and at the onset of an accident in order to help reduce the number of claims before counsel is needed.
HBS maintains full time Workers' Compensation attorneys at each of our regional offices. This not only offers our clients access to some of the highest quality legal counsel available within their local community, but it also enables us to rapidly respond to our clients' diverse needs, properly advise on local community and business nuances, and effectively reduce overall costs when legal counsel is needed.
The voice of our law firm is heard through the individual experience of our attorneys in workers' compensation matters:
- Honored member of the American Trial Lawyer Association
- Member of Defense Research Institute under the Worker's Compensation Sector
- Director on the Board of Directors of the Worker's Compensation Bar
- Two time recipient of the Most Valuable Outside Council in the East Region of the United States by McDonald's Corporation
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Atlanta Workers' Compensation Bar
- Appointed Chairman of the State Board's Advisory Council for Workers; Compensation, 2009
- Special Assistant to the Attorney General, representing the State of Georgia in workers' compensation matters
Our commitment to fully serving our clients makes us an ideal choice to assist you with your unique legal issues.
Ways We Serve You
Our attorneys stay active in a number of professional industry related organizations, frequently speak on newsworthy industry issues and concerns, and are heavily involved with the Chairman of the state of Georgia's Board Advisory Council for Workers' Compensation and the Board of Directors of the Workers' Compensation Bar. As such, we bring a unique understanding of your workers' compensation concerns, including the increasing costs of claims. Our attorneys also have access to our firm's Professional Negligence/Medical Malpractice attorneys who work closely with hospitals, clinics, and individual physicians. These relationships provide us with unmatched communication and access to healthcare providers, greatly benefitting our clients and reducing overall costs.
HBS offers client representation in nearly every facet in the defense of workers' compensation claims including:
- Defending work-related claims
- Pursuing possible subrogation claims
- Pursuing possible Subsequent Trust fund claims
- Defending catastrophic claims
- Creating and/or assisting in safety and/or panel of physicians programs
- Assisting clients with proactive steps beginning with the hiring process
With the professional integrity and skill HBS lawyers bring to the table, we have successfully resolved many cases for our clients through mediation, motion practice, administrative bodies, bench, and jury trials.
- Successfully defended many of Georgia's largest employers before the State Board of Workers' Compensation
- Participated in the favorable resolution of countless claims through mediation
- Successfully represented Fortune 100 companies, most notably McDonald's and JPMorgan Chase
- Successfully represented clients at the hearing level, settlement and mediation level, and appeals level