Practice Areas: Transactional
About Our Practice
Navigating ongoing business issues and addressing complex enterprise challenges are a critical part of any company’s daily concern. The attorneys of the Transactional Practice Group at Hall Booth Smith, P.C. have the experience you need, gained from years of representing companies in a broad range of transactional matters. Serving as a partner for our client’s needs and goals, we have represented large, international corporations and small start up companies with important business transactions for more than twenty years.
The firm has joined with international business consultants MWA Global Business Partners to assist small and medium sized businesses identify and develop opportunities in emerging and developing markets. HBS and MWA Global Business Partners will create a unique combination of skills, expertise, and international reach to fill a current market need and provide an experience base to benefit domestic and international clients. As part of our continued dedication to building businesses and innovation within Georgia, HBS is now an official corporate member of the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) www.tagonline.org.
Our attorneys have exceptional skill and expertise in corporate law. Representing a diverse range of clients, we are able to deliver effective and strategic representation. We have handled virtually every issue that arises in day to day corporate transactions including:
- Structuring mergers and acquisitions
- Financing agreements and strategic business alliances
- Negotiating and drafting agreements
- Licensing and franchise agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Asset purchase agreements
- Employment agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Protecting business's intellectual property, including copyrights and trademarks
- Consulting on employment-related matters
- Drafting shareholder agreements
- Assisting in the formulation of business exit strategies and the dissolution or wind down of a business
- Drafting business plans while advising the business on a number of employee related matters
- Solving international disputes
- Preparing by-laws and related corporate material
- Creating Political Action Committees
- Offering strategic business planning and advice
Choosing the right partner for your corporate transactions is one of the most important steps for a business decision maker. Our attorneys have extensive experience advising clients engaged in a wide variety of corporate transactions, including entity formation and governance, mergers and acquisitions, business exit strategies, employment and non-compete agreements, intellectual property, strategic alliances, and commercial real estate.
The voice of our law firm is heard through the individual experience of our attorneys in corporate matters. Our attorneys include:
- Commissioner, National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Law (1998-present)
- State Senator and Chairman of Senate Special Judiciary Committee
- Corporate counsel for a major Internet provider
- Legislative counsel for the Senate Judiciary Committee Member of Association of Young Real Estate Professionals
- Leadership DeKalb Board of Directors 2005-2010
- Appointed member of the State Ethics Commission
Our attorneys regularly speak, present, and publish at high-profile events and conferences pertaining to corporate law and business strategy.
Ways We Serve You
With our more than twenty years of experience, the attorneys at HBS handle hundreds of corporate legal transactions on a yearly basis. The attorneys in our Transactional Practice Group are dedicated to exceeding your goals. We work closely with clients to ensure thorough, thoughtful planning and preparation that will pave the way to highly successful transactions, mergers, acquisitions, agreements, joint ventures, asset and stock purchases, protections and alliances.
We have assisted Fortune 100 companies, large privately-held organizations, and international businesses to identify, address, and minimize overall risk in an effort to structure a transaction that accomplishes objectives.
We represent clients in every facet of corporate law including:
- Corporate Formation and Registration
- Federal and State Securities Registration
- Shareholder Agreements
- Structural Organization
- Corporate Financing
- Executive Compensation
- Securities Agreements
- Purchase Agreements
- Corporate Consulting
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Licensing Agreements
- Real Estate Transactions - Leases & Materialmen's Liens
- Strategic planning and business development
With the professional integrity and skill HBS lawyers bring to the table, we have successfully resolved many cases for our clients through mediation, motion practice, administrative bodies, bench, and jury trials.
- Oversaw the conversion of approximately 400 Sub-Chapter S Corporations to limited liability companies
- Served as Corporate Counsel for an international, publicly traded restaurant franchisor saving the parent company several hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual registration fees
- Directed the restructuring of a client's business into a multi-part organization of separate subsidiary components
- Directed the acquisition of a competitor company for an existing client
- Structured a multi-state hospital staffing company's acquisition of numerous staffing companies with operations in several different states that enabled the parent company to enter into several new markets
- Structured the purchase and sale of numerous companies in the health care and construction industries, including the preparation of the asset and stock purchase agreements and related contracts
- Directed and lead the passage of legislation including Article VII, Article IX, and the Environmental Covenants Acts.