Practice Areas: Health Care
Providing quality legal services to health care companies regarding business and regulatory matters.
About Our Practice
Federal and state regulation of health care providers, suppliers, and other industry participants has become increasingly complex in recent years. On top of this, enforcement tactics of government agencies can be both confusing and intimidating for these organizations. Our Health Care Practice Group focuses on guiding clients through the compliance maze, helping all varieties of care companies understand and manage their approach to patient care within government standards.
Lawyers in the Health Care Group of Hall Booth Smith also have extensive experience in business litigation, administrative hearings, and alternative dispute resolution involving health care companies.
Because the implementation of regulations and policy are the direct result of federal and state political processes, the Health Care Group also provides legislative strategy, drafting, and interpretation services to its clients.
We represent clients in many areas of law that affect health care providers and other kinds of companies in the industry, including:
- Antitrust issues
- Business/ Strategic Planning
- Compliance programs (including development, revision and training)
- Entity Formation
- Managed care strategies and contracts
- Medical staff credentialing and corrective action
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse
- Mergers and acquisitions, affiliations, and joint ventures
- Patient care, informed consent, and medical records issues
- Rules and regulations under HIPAA (including privacy, transactions, and security)
- Hospital integration strategies
- Provider licensure, certification, and accreditation (including disciplinary actions)
- Reimbursement issues
- Tax-exempt status (application and compliance)
Articles & Whitepapers