Practice Areas: Construction
Every construction project presents potential risk exposure from compliance with rules and regulations to issues related to insurance coverage, liability for failures, damage and injury. Our attorneys have demonstrated experience with these issues from project design to acceptance. We represent builders, transportation providers, insurance carriers and government entities involved in construction disputes.
About Our Practice
HBS provides solutions for construction problems at every stage. Our Construction Practice Group attorneys are experienced with construction issues and have successfully litigated or arbitrated claims and are skilled at resolving the issue before involving litigation. From project design through completion, litigation, regulations, insurance, compliance, performance, and employment disputes are a common in the construction field. HBS represents insurers, governmental entities, owners, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, engineers and architects, at all stages of a project. Whether it is litigation in state and federal courts or panel arbitrations, contract compliance, claims for delay or extra work, our broad experience in the field allows us to anticipate, advise and assist with issues encountered during and after completion of the construction project.
The presence of HBS in the construction legal field is also demonstrated by the individual experience of our attorneys in construction industry focused endeavors:
- Special Assistant Attorney's General representing the State of Georgia in construction litigation
- Members of Construction Law Committees of the USLaw Network, ABA
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- American Institute of Building Designers
- A former chairman, Board of Directors for the Atlanta Business League
- Super Lawyers Magazine "Rising Stars" and “SuperLawyers” in Construction
- Habitats for Humanity.
Ways We Serve You
Our attorneys have handled most claims that can be brought in the construction arena. Our effectiveness in the area of construction law is demonstrated in our handling of cases representing individuals, corporations and government entities. We represent clients in every facet of construction litigation including:
- Property damage
- Personal injury
- Architectural and engineering malpractice
- Moisture intrusion
- Chemical exposure
- Government projects
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Construction design and defect
- Code enforcement
- Extra work
- Change orders
- Contract compliance
- Insurance coverage
- Regulatory control
- Hydrology and water flow
- Synthetic stucco
- System design and installation
HBS lawyers are effective. With integrity and skill HBS lawyers successfully resolve issues and conclude cases for our clients through mediation, arbitration, hearings and trials before administrative bodies and in courtrooms.
- Successfully defended owners, architects, engineers, and contractors in construction litigation matters involving claims of personal injury on the job site and property damage due to alleged design and construction defects
- Successfully represented contractors and subcontractors and their insurers in cases involving structure defects, moisture intrusion, and sedimentation and erosion.
- Successfully represented both contractors and subcontractors in a variety of cases involving building structure defect, EIFS-related matters, moisture intrusion, chemical exposure, and sedimentation and erosion.