Practice Areas: Alcohol Beverage Law
Hall Booth Smith, P.C.’s Alcohol Beverage Law Practice Group counsels clients on federal, state and local laws that dictate the sale, distribution, importation, marketing and manufacturing of beer, wine, spirits and other alcoholic drinks.
Since the repeal of Prohibition in 1933, alcohol laws have changed at a rapid pace. Frequent introduction of new legislation or local ordinances governing things like allowable alcohol content or hours during which alcohol can be served to patrons further complicates this growing industry.
Our attorneys have extensive experience helping companies stay compliant with all federal, state and local laws, including three-tier distribution laws and franchising laws. HBS also has an active litigation practice for alcohol beverage laws and regulations.
HBS attorneys bring first-hand insight and experience to our Alcohol Beverage Law practice. Our lawyers have served in key in-house roles such as general counsel for a wine import and distribution company.
Our attorneys work on the full spectrum of Alcohol Beverage Law regulatory and business matters, including:
- Business formation
- Partnership and joint venture negotiations
- Federal and state licensing
- Economic incentives, site selection and procurement
- Zoning issues
- Leases and warehousing
- Brand registration
- Trademark protection
- Negotiating contracts such as importation agreements and distribution agreements
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) approval
- Certificate of Label Approval (COLA)
- Employee policies and handbooks
- On-premise consumption compliance