Buck has practiced in Nashville for over 25 years. He has litigated in state and federal courts throughout Tennessee. His litigation practice has ranged from representing spouses in divorces to defending corporations in class actions. He has handled numerous real estate transactions and disputes as well as many types of contract lawsuits and arbitrations. Buck practices out of the Nashville office of Hall Booth Smith, PC.
Buck has handled numerous real estate disputes and closings. He recently obtained for a borrower the reversal of a national lender's $6,000,000 personal judgment on a default loan. He has arbitrated over the ownership of a regional mall. He has litigated over the ownership and financing of a hotel in reported decisions. Buck has also handled the sale or purchase of office buildings, apartment complexes, development land and even a cemetery. He frequently serves as local counsel on multistate transactions.
Representative Reported Decisions:
• Fannie Mae v. TN Metro Holdings XII, LLC, 2013 Tenn. App. LEXIS 330 (reversing summary judgment for lender because of failure to provide notice to cure)
• Anderson v. Primesource Building Products, Inc., 2008 WL 4186186, E.D. Tenn. (dismissal of product liability class action)
• Rhew v. Norandal USA, Inc., 2008 WL 961590, E.D. Ark. (summary judgment for employer on ERISA claim)
• Rust v. Southern Environmental Contractors, Inc., 2008 WL 544660 (summary judgment for majority shareholder in corporate liquidation)
• Cambio Health Solutions, LLC v. Sloate, 2003 U.S. App. LEXIS 14551 and Cambio health Solutions, LLC v. Reardon, 228 F. Supp.2d 883 (2002) (effect of arbitration clauses in executive employment agreements)
• Healthtrust, Inc. v. Usher, M.D. Tenn. 2000 (summary judgment for class of retired employees as to entitlement to over $180,000,000 in retirement plan)
• U.S. Fire Ins. Co. v. Vanderbilt University, 828 Fed. Supp. 3d 788, M.D. Tenn. 2000 (summary judgment for insurer over damages paid from secret 1940's radiation experiments)
• Tennessee Small School Systems v. McWherter, 851 S.W.2d 139 (Tenn. 1993) (finding Tennessee's funding of public school systems violated the State Constitution)