Carl Rhodes's practiced is devoted to commercial real estate transactions, business planning, and estate planning and administration. Carl focuses on transactions involving the sale and purchase of commercial properties; entity selection and formation; estate planning, estate administration and probate; and tax matters related to real estate and estates.
Carl received his B.B.A in Finance, summa cum laude, from the University of Georgia in 2008 and his law degree, cum laude from the University Georgia School of Law in 2011.
Before joining Hall Booth Smith, Mr. Rhodes worked at Hatcher, Stubbs, Land Hollis and Rothschild, LLP for over 4 years. He is part of the real estate, Corporate and Partnership, Tax, and Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Administration groups.
Carl's Commercial Real Estate Practice involves purchase and sale transactions, title insurance, leasing, development matters, and financing involving real estate. Several key aspects of this practice Hall Booth Provides are:
• Purchase and Sale Agreements. Carl advises clients on purchase and sale agreements for commercial real estate transactions, including drafting agreements for clients and reviewing and negotiating terms for clients.
• Title insurance. Hall Booth Smith is a title agent for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company and performs title examinations and issues title insurance on real estate transactions of all sizes.
• Commercial and Residential Leases. Carl advises landlords and commercial tenants on leases and assists with the drafting and negotiation of lease terms.
• Real Estate Development Matters
• Real Estate Financing. Carl advises financial institutions and borrowers regarding real estate financing, including drafting financing related documents and negotiating terms of financing documents.
• Tax. Carl advises clients on real estate tax appeals due to valuation disputes and taxability due to entity status.