Lisa Bashinsky is an experienced corporate attorney working in the Nashville office in the Healthcare, Corporate and Transactional practice groups. Ms. Bashinsky received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School. She also earned a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Master’s degree in Education, both from Vanderbilt. While in law school she served as managing editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology, and earned a certificate of specialization in Law and Business. Lisa also worked as a research assistant under Professor Randall Thomas, Director of the Law and Business Program at Vanderbilt University Law School, reviewing and reporting on various provisions of hundreds of CEO employment contracts of public companies, primarily with regard to dispute resolution, non-compete, and confidentiality provisions.
Prior to law school Ms. Bashinsky served as a marketing professional in both Houston and Nashville working closely with large public companies such as Enron, Invesco Aim, and Bowne, as well as with private companies and government entities. Before joining HBS, she was an associate at McKenzie Laird, PLLC working on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions and securities offerings.
Specifically, her practice involves:
• Representing entrepreneurs and early stage companies in entity formation, capital raising and corporate governance matters.
• Negotiating and drafting corporate formation documents, including operating agreements and shareholders agreements, for corporations and limited liability companies.
• Drafting joint venture documents, equity incentive plans, commercial leases, consulting agreements, employment contracts and professional service agreements.
• Advising venture capital firms in the formation of their funds and drafting the related documents, including private placement memoranda, subscription agreements, limited liability partnership agreements, and limited liability company agreements.
• Representing buyers and sellers in negotiation and documentation of mergers and acquisition transactions.
• Advising clients in debt offerings, including drafting convertible promissory notes, loan agreements and security agreements.
• Representing investors and issuers in private offerings of securities, including offerings under the TNInvestco and Launch Tennessee Incite Co-Investment programs.
• Advising clients on matters relating to compliance with the JOBS Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
• Advising clients on state and federal healthcare regulatory matters in connection with corporate transactions, including the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and HIPAA.
Ms. Bashinsky regularly advises clients on general business matters and has extensive experience working with limited liability companies and corporations, including entity formation, conversion, governance and member/shareholder/director relations. She also advises clients on exit strategies and buy-out transactions.