Practice Areas: Business Litigation
Businesses today are facing some of the greatest organizational and economic challenges in decades. Our attorneys at Hall Booth Smith, P.C. are ready to evaluate, handle and resolve such challenges before state courts, federal courts, administrative agencies, mediators and arbitrators.
About Our Practice
Business disputes arise daily; many of them can be resolved through mediation, negotiation, or arbitration procedures. When those don't work, the attorneys at Hall Booth Smith can help you remedy the situation. We represent private individuals and business entities involved with legal issues concerning another business entity. We work with businesses to help you resolve these legal issues and get your business running successfully. Our Business Litigation Practice Group is focused on getting your legal disputes resolved in an effective, efficient, and economical manner.
During the past twenty years, the attorneys at HBS have served as advocates for individuals and businesses locally and internationally. We bring an end-in-mind philosophy to the business practice by creating solutions for every client. We are experienced in working as general counsel representations for major business clients providing hands-on experience as we advise and represent our clients in a broad range of business legal issues and litigation matters.
Our attorneys are actively involved:
- Member of the Board of Directors of the World Trade Center Atlanta
- Commissioner to the Uniform Law Commission from 1997 to present
- Special Deputy Legislative Counsel to Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle
- President of the Netherlands-American Chamber of Commerce for the Southeastern United States
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Registered Arbitrator, Georgia Offices of Dispute Resolution
- Appointed member of the State Ethics Commission
- Former corporate counsel for leading Internet provider
Our attorneys have written and lectured on alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
Ways We Serve You
With more than twenty years of experience, HBS handles hundreds of business disputes. We advocate and represent clients in all aspects of general business litigation.
Our Business Litigation Practice Group includes:
- Patent ownership
- Stock ownership delusion
- Dilution and partnership agreement disputes
- Asset purchase agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder agreements
- Employment agreements
- Premise liability
- Contract disputes
- Libel/slander claims
- Intellectual property matters
- Commercial real estate
- Franchise issues
With professional integrity and skill, the attorneys at HBS have successfully served many as advocates in business litigation issues. Some of our experience includes:
- Successfully represented the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Served as legal counsel on numerous litigated matters
- Successfully resolved disputes in contract matters ranging in projects from thousands of dollars to over one hundred million dollars
- Successfully represented the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia
- Advised and advocated for our clients in shareholder directive law suits