Practice Areas: Immigration
The attorneys at Hall Booth Smith are experienced in dealing with business and family-based immigration issues. From individuals to multi-national corporations, our firm has the ability to help these new residents and their families as well as the employers who hire them.
About Our Practice
The HBS Immigration Practice Group is comprised of experienced lawyers dedicated to providing excellent legal advice, guidance, and representation in resolving a broad range of immigration related issues. We offer up to date and comprehensive knowledge of immigration laws, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations, and pending legislation that could impact individuals and their families as well as businesses and their employees.
We assist businesses in obtaining temporary and permanent immigration status for your executive, managerial, professional and other employees in virtually every visa category. We also work with clients to develop policies and internal processes to ensure compliance with federal and state-level immigration laws and minimize exposure to civil and criminal immigration enforcement. HBS also offers seminars and customized training programs to teach companies and their HR departments how to be in compliance with the multitude of rules and regulations flowing from the immigration laws.
In addition to assisting employers with their immigration needs throughout the United States and abroad, our Immigration Practice Group also provides services to individuals and families as they seek immigration status for themselves and their loved ones.
The voice of our law firm is heard through the individual involvement of our attorneys in serving the people:
- Member of the German Bar
- Members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member of the German American Lawyers Association-Atlanta Chapter
- Fluent in the German, English, Bengali, and French languages
- Published authors on international topics
Ways We Serve You
Our attorneys have provided immigration counsel to a multitude of clients ranging from individuals to multi-national corporations.
Our attorneys are trained to assist you and your company with all of your business immigration needs. Our business immigration practice handles various classifications including the following non-immigrant visa categories:
- H-1B (professionals in specialty occupation)
- H-2B (temporary or seasonal employees)
- H-3 (trainee)
- L-1 (intracompany transfers)
- E-1, E-2 (treaty traders and investors)
- J-1 (physicians, teachers, scholars, interns, au pairs)
- F-1 (student) including Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- TN (professionals from Canada or Mexico)
- B-1/B-2 (business visitors, tourists)
- O and P (entertainers, athletes)
- Q (cultural exchange visitors)
Family-Based Immigration & Naturalization
Our Immigration Practice Group at HBS assists individuals and families in getting a visa in non-immigrant visa classifications. Our family-based immigration practice handles a wide array of cases such as:
- Spousal Immigrant Petitions
- Immigrant Petitions for relatives of U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Permanent Resident Applications based on employment or family relationships
- Adjustment of Status and Immigrant Visa Applications
- Naturalization applications
- VAWA-Violence Against Women Act Petitions
- K-1/K-3 (Fiancé/Fiancée) Visas
- International Adoption
- Conditional Residency Waivers
- Waivers of Inadmissibility
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)